Wednesday, July 15, 2009

DIY: Distressed Jeans

Mmm, bro, I just got done watching A Haunting in Connecticut and I'm soo flipped out right now lol. Anywayy, on a better note, I just found out how to make those holey jeans that cost about 20 dollars more then the regular ones!
So, it all started when I was at the roller skating rink with my friends and I experienced a pretty intense wipe out, causing a huge hole is one of my Hollister jeans, bummer. So, I did some researching and and found a good method to get those holes with the strings still attached and everything.

You will need:
  • Sandpaper
  • a needle or a small stick (I used the tip of a lead pencil)
  • An old pair of jeans

First, use the back pockets as the test. Put your hand in the pocket and rub the sandpaper across in a horizontal motion. If you get the outcome you want, proceed.

I've found this is easier with the jeans on, so put on the jeans and take the sandpaper and rub it horizontally on the spots you want the holes. You are probably going to get the holes in patches, so for the stray strings, you would use the needle to gently run it in between the strings unwinding it. If you want to add some finishing thouches, just run the sandpaper on the edge of the pockets. That's all there is to it. Voila.

Here are some of my results:

I'm still not completely finised yet, but yeahh, thats the basic. Hope it helped.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to try sometime, it looks great now.
    Diora from youngyoungblog.com

    ReplyDelete